Sunday, April 09, 2006

Complain Complain

To: Whom it may concern


I would like to make an observation about the Otaniemi FSHS. On the 1st April, I was down with flu, fever and a throat inflammation. As it was the weekend, i only made a trip down on the 3rd April. I was slightly perturbed by the service at the counter at 1300 hrs. This lady actually gave me the impression that i was not welcome. Having paid the student union fee, i believe i am entitled to the health services. However, the receptionist sort of downplayed my illness and asked me to drink more water and have more rest. I understand that the doctor could be swarmed by patients but I believe that the top priority of clinics is to welcome patients and not to drive them away. I was told that the doctor was not free on that day and after my persistent asking, i was told that i could come down the next morning if my condition was bad. I mentioned that my phlegm was yellowish, indicating a viral infection, probably some antibiotics should be prescribed to me. The lady then spouted out this list of drugs and asked me to go to the nearest pharmacy to purchase. I then asked for the number and place of the pharmacy and clinic if i wanted to make an appointment and i was told to check it online.

I was told that the Finnish health service is reputably one of the best in Europe but this incident has tainted my impression. Perhaps i am unclear about common procedure in Finland clinics and you could enlighten me on this area.

Thank you. I sent this email to her boss after i was pissed with nice little receptionist. Dun ever provoke me when i m sick summore. i think i have inherited complain instincts from caiamy.

Thats the venue of the Organizational behaviour exam (HRM) which i just took yesterday. 10 am to 1300 hrs. Finnish exams are usually so long as compared to NUS exams where u have to piah finish the exam. I left after one hr. The 18 MCQs was quite hard and tricky and you know the standard when the passing mark is 6 marks. There is negative marking for all the MCQs here such that i only dared to attempt 12/18 and i already found out that got 2 wrong so pray.. essay qns was pretty easy and so easy to crap.

and the other photo is my CCN lecture group members in the previous semester. Xavier, Roberto , Otto














Easter is coming and with it comes an Easter Break. People are travelling.
Danish Peeps are London> Manchester> Barcelona>Madrid> Berlin >Dublin
Xz is going germany(Munich) and Prague(czech)
Zm, kj,jf and WL are going Amsterdam>Brussels> London> Stockholm
clarence going russia while ivan going eastern europe and CJ going Helsinki>Tallinn>oslo>bergen>stockholm

ME is going sweden and norway this easter... Stockholm > Oslo > Bergen > Turku.
Borgiono ! Mis kusi! (After watching Euro trip keke)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home